Tuesday 15 June 2010

Another day, another party!

OK - we don't have a party everyday...although we did today!  We had a beach party at Gidea Park Library to commemorate National Bookstart Day.  Bookstart is a program whereby every child in the country is given 3 packs of books before they are even 5 years old!  Yep, free and gratis!  To find out more about Bookstart then click on the link!

This is me and the birthday boy! - AND Jacky - we love Jacky, she gives the bestest cuddles!

Doesn't the library look bright behind us?

This is myself and my mate on one of the chairs - he kept giving me cuddles - friendly chap!

Oh - and the ladies are Margaret and Viv - they, along with Jacky, were there to lead the session!

Can you see me???  I have a seat all to myself!  Margaret doesn't usually wear shades - its just that it was a beach party!  So she was getting in the spirit!

We were singing Twinkle Twinkle!

Hmmmm - Bookstart Bear started stealing the limelight a little - but I suppose it was his special day!

Look!  Jacky played the guitar!!!  And she did it very well too!  She used to be a music teacher before she came to work in libraries  - we are all so glad that she decided to make the change!

This was Alice doing Incy Wincy Spider - look at her fingers!!!

And again!

Yes well - I think Josh's Mum was a bit too impressed with her!!

This looks a little random - but its a picture of some of the children (and parents) doing Row Row Row Your Boat - and at the end the children "see a crocodile" and scream!  Luckily, this young lady knew it was coming so she clapped her hands over her ears quick!

I wish I had known it was coming - all the screaming  made my ears buzz a bit!

And another rhyme in action - Head, shoulders knees.....this little girl was doing the "eyes and ears and mouth and nose" bit!

I have no idea why this is so impressive!  We dragons are able to do all of these things and soooo much more as soon as we hatch!  Still, maybe little people are a bit different.


!!!!!!!!!!!!  Josh's Mum has just told me that little people don't hatch!!!!


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No - that can't be right....she must be joking!!!  I need to go and grab a book about all this!!!!







All the children got to take a special goodie bag home with a colouring pack, some rhyme sheets, books and a piece of cake.  I must say, I was flagging a little by this time!

These people didn't want to go home!!!  They just wanted to stay and sing!  It was lovely to see the "elders" with the children too.

And here was the youngest party-goer!!  Olivia Beth.  See, there is no way that what Josh's Mum told me could be true - I just know she is teasing and I will find out tomorrow that Olivia hatched out of her egg!

Her hatching date was only 3 and a half weeks ago and she has been coming, with her big brother Alex, to Baby Bounce at our libraries since she was born!

Alex and I are good friends already!

I spent a little time with him, after the party, playing around the library - we were being superheroes!  We saved the world and then it was time to go home!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment