Tuesday 20 July 2010

Launching the Summer Reading Challenge

I had such great fun this Sunday!  We went to the Harold Hill Festival to launch the Space Hop!


We shared a marquee with the ladies from the local Children's Centre.

I love this banner - can you see me peeking out?  Hee hee - Josh's Mum didnt even know she had got me on there - Frances was giving me a leg up!

This is Jacky doing some facepainting!  Jacky and Josh's Mum spent most of the day painting little faces!  Some of them were really good.... some of them were.....mmmmmm......remember what nana always used to say...."if you can't say anything nice, dont say anything at all"



Viv read me the story of the Gruffalo - but I fell asleep!  It was very hot and I had been up late the night before - I was reading late!  Oh and the cushions Karen brought from Harold Hill Library were soooooo comfy!  You should go there and check them out!

These were some of our leaflets and posters.  I had to help them put them up - Frances kept putting them up wonky!



Mind you, she more than made up for it when it came to the Space Hoppers!  Josh's Mum said she used to have one when she was little - I can't ever imagine her as a little girl!!!!


Of course, I had to join up for the Summer Reading Challenge myself!  All I need to do is read 6 books and pop into the library to talk about them - hmmmm the talking bit wont be a problem for ME!



This was a very nice PCSO - Police Community Safety Officer (I think!) - it could be a perfectly, catlike, silly Officer!!!  Hee hee - Josh's Mum had facepainted him like a tiger and he couldn't wait to have a go at the space hoppers!
He did go and try and get some of his friends to have their faces done - but they wouldnt! 

Of course, at the end of the day, we need to squish all the air out of the spacehopper so they would fit into Karen's car - that's Karen with her back to us!

She was really quite violent with them!  Nicky looked like she was doing something else - but Josh's Mum has forbidden me from saying what!!!


I think Viv was thinking the same thing as I was - she couldn't stop giggling at her!

Gosh - you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Nicky would you?



I'm not sure why she was doing the sad face....but it made me sad too!  Sniff sniff.

I'm going to get a tissue now!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment