Tuesday 6 July 2010

Famous visitor!

Our libraries have been running a really special programme called the 6 Book Challenge.  It is based around really quick and easy to read books - funny enough, called Quick Reads!  It helps to get people, who have lost the habit, back into reading.  We have been working with Havering Adult College and Havering MIND.  I bet you can't guess how many books people need to read....oh, you can....how did you guess?

Oh well - we had our celebration event the other day ...... with the MAYOR!!!!  Oh My!  I was just so nervous when Josh's Mum said I could meet her.   I polished my glasses and practiced my bowing!

Here I am with Cllr Pam Light - AKA the MAYOR!!!  She is so lovely and smiley - I kissed her hand - she wiped it afterwards!  Oh - and of course, you know Frances and Viv - and the other people are either from the Adult College or did the Challenge.  There were alot more finished than in this picture.

Madam Mayor (thats how you say it...I checked) and I had a lovely cuddle!  Can you see her chain of office?  She squeezed me a little tight at one point and the chain dug right in!

I am so proud of this photo - I have asked Josh's Mum if we can print it out and put it up in the office!  Between you and me....I have a copy under my pillow!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment