Monday 12 July 2010

A scary day out!

I had the weekend off this weekend.  Our libraries are open on Saturdays but not on Sundays.  So, on Sunday I went out with Josh's Mum, Josh and his friend Thomas.  We went out to a rocket and space event at Royal Gunpowder Mills in Waltham Abbey.

As we went in we were accosted by the security guys!  They wanted to see our passes and our ID - Josh's Mum had her library card so she was let through........

....they were a little more persistent with us boys!

Josh and Thomas told them what school they went to so they were let through.  I don't go to school so the security guard said I would have to go and talk to his boss so that I could tell him why I didn't have a pass.....I was really, really scared....I let out a little bottom burp!

His boss was called Mr Vader.  I explained that I worked for Havering Libraries and that we were just on a day out.  He kept asking me where the Princess was and had I seen Luke - I explained that I didn't know who they were but he didn't seem to believe me.  Whilst all this was going on, Josh's Mum was just standing there giggling!  I didn't think it was funny at all.

After a little while longer of prodding at me with his light sabre, another guy ran up and said they had spotted Yoda and they all ran off, dropping me on the floor!

I think they must have had hay fever or something as they all spoke funny and kinda wheezed!
I was really worried that they might hurt Mr Yoooda so when we went into the armory I thought I might borrow this!


I must say, it was much more comfortable sitting on top of it than crouching behind!

Thomas found a gun too!  The guys who were meant to be looking after all the weapons were just watching him point the gun at me.  I think there was a real health and safety issue here - they then told me that the guns were safe and couldn't go off.  They are just there so that people can play with them and find out how heavy they were.  I tried to lift one but just couldn't! Tom must have been stronger than he looks!

We had lots of fun, playing with rockets and talking about gunpowder and explosions...it was all very exciting.

We then went on the land train - this was my favourite bit of the day!  It was very cool and we saw all sorts of insects and flowers.  We went across a really narrow bridge too - that was a teensy bit scary though.

I ate some of Josh's cheese and ham sandwiches instead of the plain ham ones and he was very upset!  A little out of perspective if you ask me!  Still, his mum had made some extra so Josh had those...phew!   Can you imagine what might have happened if she had run out of bread!



Just before we left, we were looking at the other displays and Josh's Mum said the security guards were coming back!  I jumped onto this display and hid.  When they came in they said that they were looking for a little green being called YOOOOODA - well, I didn't want them mistaking me for him did I?

I was so tired that I fell fast asleep in the car on the way home.  Josh had to carry me indoors and put me to bed!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment