Tuesday 27 July 2010

Our Libraries Look FAB!

Every year we have a competition in memory of a former member of staff, Denise Mahoney.  Now, I don't know her but Josh's Mum told me about her and how clever she was.  The staff at all the libraries try to decorate their children's areas according to the theme of the summer reading challenge.


This is Manjeet holding me aloft!  We were both mystery judges!  Josh's Mum doesn't tell anyone who is doing the judging - not sure why, but it seems to have become a bit of a tradition.  Hey - it was really funny sitting in the office when Michael rang up to ask Nicky who it was....she said she didnt know (not sure whether she did or not) and I had to try very hard not to giggle because I knew it was Manjeet and me!



Hornchurch decided to try and curry favour by using pictures of me - well I must say, it certainly influenced THIS judge!




I especially liked this picture of me as a librarian!  Do you like my astronaut helmet?


We then travelled over to Gidea Park - where I played on the alien scanner.  It really works too!  Although I am so glad that Mr Vader didnt catch me on it!



This was me on the Romford Rocket!  I thought that if I did a little bottom burp I might be able to make it take off!


This was the wonky-eyed cyborg that I found at Harold Hill Library!  It was made my some of the children there!



And here was the astronaut that I found at Harold Wood Library.  Josh's Mum told me not to mention the fact that it looked the tiniest, little bit like a.....snowman!  So, I haven't mentioned that!

I found these naughty meerkats over at Upminster!  They were threatening to make me stay there all day with Richard!  I ran away quickly!



I must say that this was the best astronaut I found all day!  I thought this one should win!  I kept pressing his buttons - but he didnt do anything!


And here I am, in South Hornchurch Library!  Wow - the staff here wrote to NASA to get some posters and stuff!  I was very impressed.  Linda said she would give me their address so that I can write to them - perhaps they might let me take a little trip in one of their rockets!


Ha ha - this picture made me laugh - Josh's Mum was in the astronaut outfit!  Well, no, not really!  Her photo!  I mean - if she were really inside then that would make her very short!  This was at Elm Park Library!


And this is Talulah!  I kind of had a little teensy crush on her!   Well wouldnt you?

And then I met Bert - he was a bit scary (and I think he has designs on Talulah!)

They were both over at Collier Row Library!  Who won the prize!  There are some absolutely fabby pics of their library over on the facebook page - Havering Reading Group - so much silver!!!


And here I am presenting the staff with their trophy!
They did really well - their entry was stunning - but you need to pop over to the Havering Reading Group page to have a look!

Gosh - its been so busy lately!

Dexter!

No comments:

Post a Comment