Sunday 8 August 2010

Space Hop!!!

Oh my word - we have been just so busy this last week that I havent had time to blog at all!  The Reader Development Team have been joining in with Playfest - this is a great thing.  Playfest is like a travelling fun factory - we take the mobile library, climbing wall, inflatable assault course, bouncy castle, facepainting, Wellgate Community Farm, circus skills and put them in a different park each day for five days!  We were so busy that I didnt have time to get any photos - but actually, they would, pretty much, have been the same as the ones for Harold Hill Festival...so you could just pop back and look at them!

  Our Summer Reading Challenge is the Space Hop - I know, you already know that!  But, did you know just how much "stuff" we get through for it?  This is a picture of me when it first arrived - in fact, there are some boxes missing from this photo (the golden medals come separately because they are so precious!).

The team all get special hats to wear when they go to assemblies in schools - we go out and visit every primary school in Havering and do assemblies or visits into classes to tell them about the Space Hop.  Unfortunately, my hat was a little large for me!

You can also see the special bags we have this year (some of these will be given away as prizes) and, if you look at my wrist, we have glow in the dark wristbands.  I love these so much - I still have my one on my bed!
The children doing the challenge (they have to read 6 books and tell us about them - then they get a certificate and medal in school)...all get one of these fabby cards - they are sooooo cool! 

Looook - they change when you move them!
How fab are these?  I am going to keep one in my "special things" box.  The children also get a wallchart and stickers too!  How lucky are they?  Mind you, some of the stickers are scratch n sniff - they all smell horrible - even the chocolate one!  They are definitely NOT going into my box!

Going to go and play with my wristband now - Josh is so jealous because he wants one!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment