Monday 6 September 2010

I need danger money!!!

It all started so well....there was Ella, Chris and Viv and we were all at Forest Lodge Community Day representing libraries.  Well, actually Chris wasnt representing libraries - he is a regeneration person...I think that's a little like Dr Who!

Have you noticed that we all have BIG smiles!

This is Alfie - he had a big smile too!  He had come from the Children's Centre - I think the ladies behind might have been a little tipsy because they didnt seem able to sit up!

There was an awful lot to see  and do - a nice man said that I could try out his bike...he had to hold me on, so I think it was a little large for me!

I think riding on the handlebars would have been easier!

And this is where it began to go wrong!  Ella thought it would be a great idea for me to have my picture taken with this owl from Myca Falconry!  Now, we might both have wings but thats all we have in common!  He kept giving me a funny look - he definitely narrowed his eyes at me when his owner wasnt looking!  When I wiggled my foot he looked distinctly hungry!

Then Ella took us over to meet the smiley PCSOs - the lady is called June....I know that because Ella kept saying "we must see June!".  I think the man might have been on holiday recently because he looked very tanned! 

Then June and I had a little chat about her Crime Investigation Day down at Collier Row Library....Ella looked like she might like to offer me up as a corpse (I thought she liked me!) so I quickly changed the subject!

AND THEN I GOT TO SIT IN THE POLICE VAN!  Really!  They took the keys out first though.

....and just to prove I wasnt just in the front of someone's car.....can you see me?

Then June let me try on one of the helmets and sit on their satellite dish!  It was quite slippery!  Oh, Josh's Mum just told me it was a riot shield - phew, glad I didnt need it!

At this point you are probably thinking that the only thing that was remotely scary was the owl...but it got worse....

I ermmmm kind of disgraced myself on their riot shield...in my defence (your honour), when I get nervous I do sometimes do little bottom burps...and this one left a bit of a scorch mark on their shield.  I thought they would be more resilient than that!  So June asked her friend to "lock me up and throw away the key!"....

I was very scared!

But then one of the other policemen gave a little chuckle and set me free - they had only been joking!  Well, it did nothing for my blood pressure I can tell you!

Ella, Josh, his mum and I then went to see the agility dogs from the Delta Dog Display Team - they were so clever!  I had no idea dogs could be that well behaved.  So - ELLA decided we should get my picture done with them all afterwards!

I think I smelled a little of the beefburger I had for lunch as the dogs started closing in on me...the teeny weeny Max (not the big hairy Max who was at the back in the last photo) kept snuffling in my ear...and then I am sure I felt a little nip on my wing!

I almost fainted with fear!
My next call was to see the lovely ladies from St John's Ambulance!  A lovely lady strapped me to a trolley in case I rolled off.

Then she listened to my heart and gave me a good check over!  She said that I had just had a "nasty shock" and that I would recover with "no lasting effects".

And I thought Ella liked me!  I need danger money!!!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment