Friday 17 September 2010

Summer Reading Challenge!

My goodness, its been a busy one this year!  In fact, its been our busiest one yet!

This is the finisher's board at one of our libraries.  In fact, we had 4114 children take part in our Space Hop this year!  Wow - now, ready for some maths?  They each come once to join up, then they come back 6 times to talk about each of their books - thats.....erm....hang on, toes.......erm....yes well, it's ALOT of visits! 

It doesnt stop there for the team though!  We need to do lots of sorting out so that every child who completed the challenge gets their certificate and medal in school.  So first, we sort the cards into a pile for each school!  Some schools have big piles - and some have little piles!  We like the big piles best!



I tried hard to help.  It is not easy, with little legs, to get around all of those different piles and not knock them over.  And then Jacky got her laptop out and put her music on....that really made me giggle - she had some really OLD stuff on there!  Jacky had to talk sternly to me and tell me not to mess around!

Her music choice was very funny though!  Josh;s Mum took a picture of me rolling with laughter!  Luckily this was on the next table - this was the table with all the oddments on - the cards with no schools, out of borough schools, preschools, senior schools etc.  Thank goodness this wasnt on the "proper" table!  I think Margaret might have yelled at me!

Still, we got them all done - now all we have to do is book the assemblies, and get the certificates written, and report the statistics up to the Reading Agency, and get a press photo done and and and - I need a nap!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment