Tuesday 21 September 2010

Thanks!

In Havering Libraries we have alot of fabulous people who volunteer to help us and our community.  They do lots of fabulous things - listening to children read, helping grown ups get going on the computer, delivering books to people stuck in their houses.  Once a year we like to say thank you to them all!  Every volunteer who comes to the event gets a certificate - I helped Viv to write some of them - with her rather fabby pink pen!

And then I helped to cut some bread up!

There was an awful lot of it!

Then I found these!  Just happened across them!  You can see, I am poised to sample them......

....unfortunately, Viv spotted me - darn it!

Hee hee - then I found these!  Each volunteer gets a little something yummy for their tummy!

What do you think....will I be able to sneak out with these????


NOPE!  This is our "Lead Councillor" - he caught me!  - He is very very heavy because he is made of LEAD!...oh, Josh's Mum just told me he is our LEAD councillor...not our LEAD councillor!  So confusing!  His name is Andrew - and he loves libraries.  I thought he might turn a "blind eye" to me trying to sneak out with the chocolates - but it turns out he volunteered as well - so I didnt get away with it!  Shucks!


And here is a picture of some of the volunteers!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment