Thursday 27 May 2010

Elm Park Anniversary

Wow - Elm Park is 75 years old!  Who knew an area could have a birthday?  And Elm Park is also home to the first ECO Library in London!  Of course, I just had to go down and see what was going on.

The staff had lots happening throughout the week - including a special board where people could write up what they liked about the area, a fabby reader's day (the Mayor attended!), a HUGE Baby Bounce - 61 babies all bouncing - actually quite glad I missed that one, I may have been squashed!  They also had a fabby display of the area throughout the past 75 years and some of the staff invited people to come and share their reminis...reminic...reminisenses...MEMORIES!

Above is a photo of me listening to Frances telling me about when she used to run the library!  The book she was holding is all about Elm Park and she was showing me pictures of things she remembered.  She said that the book is for sale from the library - I am sure lots of people will be buying it!

This lady and gentleman spent a long time talking to me - we spoke about all sorts - and some of it was to do with Elm Park!

The gentleman looks like my great uncle Henry!

This lady was showing me a picture of planes which used to fly over the area.  It was all fascinating.

The lady was a little concerned that she wouldnt look very nice in the picture...but I think she looked just lovely!

Going to go and puff at the fluffy cat thing now - it sat on my glasses again last night and the fur it left behind keeps making me sneeze!

Dexter x

No comments:

Post a Comment